[Kde-pim] Re: KDE PIM and mobile device sync

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Tue Nov 9 11:40:30 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Sunday 07 November 2010 09:23:08 Dinesh wrote:
> All the KDE Specific fields are actually VCard's private extensions (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard). Adding support for them in
> syncevolution shouldn't be much of a work. Once done, if the other device
> doesnt support these extensions, they will be preserved during the sync.

By saying they will be preserved during the sync, you mean they will never be
overwritten by syncevolution, and also the custom fields will not in any way
appear on the other device, right?

I would greatly prefer that solution over some hacks like using the notes
field for custom fields, since I actually use the notes field and would be
annoyed if some application writes data into it.

Thanks for all your work, Dinesh! I'll try out SyncEvolution+Akonadi Backend
and the Funambol Android Client during the next days.

Regards,
Thomas