[Kde-pim] Re: branding "Kontact"

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Nov 10 15:49:52 GMT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2010 15:29:11 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> > I also like Touch, for the touch enabled version, but dislike the HD idea
> > intensly :).
>
> I also find HD strange, for me HD refers to something video related.
>
> How about Kontact office or Kontact studio?

I disregarded many of the "office" or umbrella like connotations
for my own brainstorming just because they are too much buzz to me.
What I like about "HD" is that it somehow modern, big and high quality,
but it also has this little element of surprise making a strength
out of a weakness. You just see more.

(Kontact Desktops weakness is that it is taking up too much screen space
or arguable it allows you to see much more at one glance, so getting the
overview and doing planning is much easier when having a large screen, e.g.
in the month calender view.)

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.