[Kde-pim] Re: branding "Kontact"

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Fri Nov 12 11:24:59 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 November 2010 11.46:18 Tom Albers wrote:
> Komo is a very well known/leading brand / type of garbage bags in The
> Netherlands. Don't use it in public if you target NL.

"Trash your mail" would then appear to be a good tagline. ;)

Personally of all the addendums, I also liked "Touch" the most, but see the
point about it having some form of duplication.

So maybe thinking about a rebranding of Kontact would actually be sensible.

But it'll obviously be difficult to find something. A lot of projects seem to go
with animals ("Rancid Rodent") or something like that, but I'm not so fond of
that.

Which typically leaves us with acronyms that somehow relate to what it does,
e.g. ProduKtivity. But finding something that is short, slick and sexy so it
can be combined with something else like "Touch" would not be easy.

The normal way to approach this would be to start collecting associations that
people have, or want to have, with regards to Kontact. That would get
organized into some form of structure together, and then some form of core
criteria emerge, which can then lead to names that would work.

But that is best done interactively... doing it online is not easy, as people
who come late to the debate would always throw the debate back to square one
in a odd designer's correlation to Brooks law.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve