[Kde-pim] [IMPORTANT] kdepim 4.5 Branched

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri May 21 12:51:28 BST 2010

On Friday 21 May 2010 13:15:24 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 21 May 2010 12:44:36 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > On Friday 21 May 2010 00:00:52 Allen Winter wrote:
> > > The kdepim 4.5 branch has been created  in the usual place
> > > (branches/KDE/4.5/kdepim).
> > >
> > > This will be the code that gets released as kdepim 4.5.0 in a few
> > > months. This is where you should be concentrating your bug fixing.
> > > This is where all the freezes and release rules for 4.5 apply.
> > >
> > > kdepim trunk is wide-open now.
> >
> > Thanks Allen for handling this.
> > Just to make this clear: Bugfixing should happen in the 4.5 branch. DO
> > NOT work in trunk unless you need to do that, for example when developing
> > for mobile stuff or when merging features from e35.
> >
> > All bugfixing and stabilizing development should happen in the 4.5
> > branch, that's where we will release the next KDEPIM from!
> >
> > Use the 4.5 branch!
> > Please forwardport the fixes there to trunk.
>
> Disregard this mail please.
> Apparently everything in it is wrong, the decision has been reversed.
>
> So:
> - Use trunk for stabilizing and bugfixing for the 4.5 release
> - Use branches/work/komo for mobile work
> - Defer feature merges from e35 until trunk is open again.
> - Do not use the 4.5 branch yet
>
> I hope this is correct now, sorry for the inconvenience.

To give this a bit more context: there were sudden objections on the
release-team mailinglist about the original plan (which is what Allen and
initially Thomas have been refering to). Until this is settled we created
branches/work/komo/kdepim, mainly for the ongoing mobile work, to not be
blocked while waiting for a decision by the release team. Once there is a
final decision by the release team this will be reevaluated and adapted if
necessary.

Again, sorry for the confusion and inconvinience, this is not how things were
planned :-/

regards
Volker