[Kde-pim] suggestion

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Sat May 1 21:01:26 BST 2010

Heyho!

On Saturday 01 May 2010 17.32:34 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> Sure :) I agree if we speak of asking people on the street. I
> understood it that he meant people who come across KDE pages and
> willing to help/contribute (my bad, i meant the interwebs with wild).

It comes down to who is the target group.

Average KDE / KDEPIM users?  There's hope they can be enlightened ;-) to
learn about what F/OSS is, what KDE is about, that everybody can help (it
doesn't take much technical expertise to help with translations for example,
and if somebody is a bit modest and knows his limits, triaging bug reports
is probably always needed and also doesn't require years of programming
experience: if only to close old bugs that are long fixed.)

Of course, if the target group is "people who are likely to want to help
KDEPiM", it's a different question.  But isn't that preaching to the choir?
People who *want* to help KDEPIM basically only need to be told the mailing
list address.  (Ok, again, I'm oversimplifying to the extreme to get my
point across...)

cheers
-- vbi

--
The conundrum is not in which email, but in how many users. The number of
users would be inversely proportional to the question of, 'which email', and