[Kde-pim] suggestion

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Sun May 2 21:12:09 BST 2010

On Saturday 01 May 2010 16:32:34 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> 2010/5/1 Adrian von Bidder <avbidder at fortytwo.ch>:
> > On Saturday 01 May 2010 11.23:00 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> >> Though, especially PIM is very well known out
> >> there in the wild, since everybody has to do with it ;)
> >
> > I don't agree.  If you ask 10 people on the street, 9 have email addresses,
> > 4 or 5 use electronic calendars and perhaps one will know what "PIM" stands
> > for.  And he'll probably have a different idea of what it means.
> >
> > (Ok, I invented these statistics.  I guess you get my point, though.)
>
> Sure :) I agree if we speak of asking people on the street. I
> understood it that he meant people who come across KDE pages and
> willing to help/contribute (my bad, i meant the interwebs with wild).
> I think people who meet that criteria do know what PIM means, if not,
> they will at least search for it on a search-engine and decide then if
> they're willing/able to help/contribute or not.

Tim Schlaak falls into the category you are talking about, but he didn't know what it meant. We can't actually make assumptions about whether people understand the term PIM without a proper survey, which isn't available, so it would be better to assume the worst and explain the term on the website.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.