[Kde-pim] KDE Addressbook on an Appliance

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed May 5 21:12:41 BST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2010, um 21:44:39 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Wednesday 05 May 2010, upscope wrote:
> > I have to agree with you, this new product is impossible to figure
> > out from the documentation.
>
> Documentation is our weak spot. Developers are very bad at writing user
> documentation. Help is very much appreciated.

Sigh, developers don't need to write a documentation, but they have to provide
facts for people writing them.

Can you imagine how time consuming it is for doc people to find out all these
issues and the ways to handle them?

It is not sufficient to write a brilliant software, you also have to ensure that
Joe User gets all necessary information to use the software or to migrate his
data successfully to a new system.

Sorry for the rant, but there is a draft for a new kaddressbook (converted and
modified from a pimsters blog into docbook) in kde's svn since a few month's, I
asked more than twice for facts wrt migration/importing of old data... to
finish that and make it usable.

My time is limited as yours, so I switched to other doc/l10n/i18n tasks in kde
meanwhile...

--
Burkhard Lück