[Kde-pim] suggestion

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon May 3 20:36:53 BST 2010

On Monday 03 May 2010, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> David Jarvie wrote:
> > Tim Schlaak falls into the category you are talking about, but he
> > didn't know what it meant. We can't actually make assumptions
> > about whether people understand the term PIM without a proper
> > survey, which isn't available, so it would be better to assume the
> > worst and explain the term on the website.
>
> Indeed, but which website?
>
> on pim.kde.org we have:
>
> "KDE PIM is sub project of KDE. Its goal is to provide an application
> suite to manage personal information. This includes mail, time,
> people and more."
>
> Maybe Tim didn't make the connection between "manage personal
> information" and PIM. I tried to add the link but I don't have
> enough svn karma. I've requested that karma so I'll commit it when
> that bit comes in.

Don't sweat. pim.kde.org is long dead. We really need to migrate all the
good stuff to http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM (or techbase where
appropriate).

A long time ago I moved a few of the pages about the KDE PIM meetings
over to the Community Wiki and I started a page for tracking the
progress of the webpage consolidation:
http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Webpage_Consolidation

I really haven't gotten very far. *sigh*

Regards,
Ingo