[Kde-pim] suggestion

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue May 4 09:01:17 BST 2010

On Monday 03 May 2010 20:36:53 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 03 May 2010, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > David Jarvie wrote:
> > > Tim Schlaak falls into the category you are talking about, but he
> > > didn't know what it meant. We can't actually make assumptions
> > > about whether people understand the term PIM without a proper
> > > survey, which isn't available, so it would be better to assume the
> > > worst and explain the term on the website.
> >
> > Indeed, but which website?
> >
> > on pim.kde.org we have:
> >
> > "KDE PIM is sub project of KDE. Its goal is to provide an application
> > suite to manage personal information. This includes mail, time,
> > people and more."
> >
> > Maybe Tim didn't make the connection between "manage personal
> > information" and PIM. I tried to add the link but I don't have
> > enough svn karma. I've requested that karma so I'll commit it when
> > that bit comes in.
>
> Don't sweat. pim.kde.org is long dead. We really need to migrate all the
> good stuff to http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM (or techbase where
> appropriate).
>
> A long time ago I moved a few of the pages about the KDE PIM meetings
> over to the Community Wiki and I started a page for tracking the
> progress of the webpage consolidation:
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Webpage_Consolidation

Please ensure that any user-centric information goes to userbase.  FWIW,
http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact says

"Kontact is the integrated personal information manager of KDE."

and

"Kontact suite unites mature and proven KDE PIM applications under one roof."

Maybe I'll change "personal information manager" to "Personal Information
Manager" :-)

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group