[Kde-pim] KDE Addressbook on an Appliance

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue May 4 10:05:28 BST 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-05-04, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> Am Sonntag 02 Mai 2010 11:23:30 schrieben Sie:
> > On Friday 30 April 2010 18:45:12 Klaas Freitag wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > > - import data from a file format like vcf?
> > > so that the user, when he starts the kaddressbook in the running
> > > appliance, finds some preconfigured contacts.
> > >
> > > Help would be very appreciated.
> >
> > This might help:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi/Firstrun
>
> Thanks, interesting reading. The first run happens when booting the
> appliance first. And the 'Personal Contacts' addressbook is there.
>
> I still need a possibility to fill some initial content into the
> address book, other than interactive. Is there really no possibility?

The personal contacts resource works on a directory of vcard files, one
contact per file.

Default location is $HOME/.local/share/contacts

You can probably just copy such files into that.
Or use first run to create a vcard file resource and provide a single vcard
file with multiple contacts.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring