[Kde-pim] Usability - adding SMTP & Co.

Frank Thieme frank at fthieme.net
Thu Mar 25 20:23:06 GMT 2010

Hi!

I had to add some SMTP accounts lately and stumpled upon an usability problem.
If you add an outgoing service you click on add and get a menu where you can
select SMTP, sendmail, ...

When you doubleclick SMTP you can configure all the settings and end with an
unnamed SMTP service. It took me a while to see the name field below the list
of services. I think this is just the wrong position.

When adding incoming services, you just get the list of available services and
set the name with all the other options in the dialog that opens. It should be
that way with outgoing services, too...

I don't know whether there already exists a bug/wish for this or wether this
is intentional...

Bye...Frank