[Kde-pim] Adding an account, then changing your mind

Casey Link casey at kdab.com
Wed Mar 31 01:31:28 BST 2010

As the giant Kmail IMAP UI thread indicates, I've been working on the IMAP
settings dialog in Kmail.

This leads to lots of "Add"ing an account, then simply clicking cancel. I've
discovered two bugs, that may or may not be related. Can anyone reproduce
them?

1) Adding an account, then faking it out, and canceling leads to an inactive
(red x) imap agent in akonadi control, and also in the account listing next
time you start up kmail (with an akonadi restart). [ see attachment]

2) If you "Add", then "Cancel" then attempt to "Add" again, the settings
dialog does not appear. For me, even restarting kmail does not fix the issue.
I must restart akonadi.. this bug occurs only occasionally.

Finally, every time i start Kmail the number of "Local Folder" entries has
increased. What's up with this?

Casey