[Kde-pim] Adding an account, then changing your mind

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Wed Mar 31 08:46:28 BST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 08:31:28PM -0400, Casey Link wrote:
Hej Casey,

> 1) Adding an account, then faking it out, and canceling leads to an inactive
> (red x) imap agent in akonadi control, and also in the account listing next
> time you start up kmail (with an akonadi restart). [ see attachment]
Hmm, at which point to you cancel the adding? Inside the IMAP resource config
dialog? If that's the case, then either IMAP resource does not emit the
Akonadi::ResourceBase::configurationDialogAccepted/Rejected signals properly
or the code that adds the resource does not use the ResourceCreateJob.

> 2) If you "Add", then "Cancel" then attempt to "Add" again, the settings
> dialog does not appear. For me, even restarting kmail does not fix the issue.
> I must restart akonadi.. this bug occurs only occasionally.
Yepp, this is a known bug. Can you reproduce it to 100%? It happens for me only
sometimes, so it was difficult to debug...

> Finally, every time i start Kmail the number of "Local Folder" entries has
> increased.
Happens for me again, until I removed the 'inititial' resource (The local folders
resource with the lowest instance number).

> What's up with this?
No idea...

Ciao,
Tobias