[Kde-pim] Git migration rules

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Thu Mar 11 13:02:26 GMT 2010

On Thu, March 11, 2010 12:10 pm, Thomas McGuire wrote:
>> > The "runtime" subdir of kdepim should be added to a seperate repo,
>> > kdepim- runtime.
>>
>> That sounds very inconvenient. Is it worth it? Remember that move-with-
>> history doesn't work between different repos (it does work across
>> different clones of the same repo of course).
>
> Hmm, move with history doesn't work between repos? So what if we want to
> move
> stuff from kdepim to kdepimlibs? Or from playground to kde-review? From
> kde-review to whereever? All those have the same problem.
> I think that kdepim-runtime should be a seperate repo is pretty much
> decided, we also have seperate tarballs for kdepim-runtime right now.

I thought there was a suggestion to have kdepim and kdepimlibs in the same
repository since the two modules are related to each other. After all,
there could easily be more stuff moved from kdepim to kdepimlibs in the
future. Given that moving with history doesn't work, that would seem a
good idea. Just because there's a problem with kde-review etc, it doesn't
mean we need to suffer the problem in kdepim/kdepimlibs.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.