[Kde-pim] Git migration rules

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Fri Mar 12 06:20:36 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 00.33.56 Stephen Kelly wrote:

> >> Added rules for these.
> >
> > I think we should keep all KDE/X.Y branches. It's nice still to be able
> > to build the KDE 2.0 version of KMail. In fact, a few years ago I did
> > this in order to make a screenshot for a presentation. :-)
>
> Keep in mind that you can always get KMail 2.0 from svn or tarballs. If
> it's convenient to put X.Y branches into the repo, that's cool, but if
> it's extra work or not convenient, I don't see the point.

There is no problem at all to but the X.Y branches into the repo. The issues
I'm seeing is with branches that have been merged without history, eg the
aegypten_branch.

Here the qgpgme library began it's life but it was merged as a simple copy
(not svn cp/mv). So to keep this history there needs to be a rule that matches
the branch (not the qgpgme subdir) but at the same time excludes all other
subdirs without excluding them when something else has been merged from this
branch. So far I have been unable to figure out how to do this.

/Torgny