[Kde-pim] KDE/kdepim/kmail

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Tue Jun 1 18:38:31 BST 2010

On Thursday 27 May 2010 23.17.36 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
[...]
> What is the problem you are trying to fix? What's the actual reason
> behind this? The only sensible reason I can think of is on-demand dial-
> up connections where one has to pay per minute (or whatever). But this
> is no sensible reason either because the proper solution for this is the
> network manager (or whatever else one uses to control the online/offline
> status of the whole system). It is a no-brainer that remote Akonadi
> resources shouldn't check for new mail when the system is switched to
> offline mode.

How about kmail mobile and it's usage when you are roaming? The phone might be
online but you don't want to potentially download huge mails causing high
bills.

Other then that I like being in control of what my computer does and if there
isn't a setting to tell akonadi to go into offline mode when the consumers
quit I'd be one unhappy due :)

/Regards
Torgny