[Kde-pim] knode features and RFE's?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 7 18:58:49 GMT 2010

I'm new to this list, so I hope you'll pardon me asking a few
introductory questions.

First, is this the right place for discussion of knode development? If
not, please let me know what is and ignore the rest of this mail.

So I am looking (yet again) to see if kdepim is at a point that I can
switch to it from Thunderbird, but I'm still missing several "must have"
features from knode:

- side by side view
- colors that aren't broken
- tags
- automatic tagging via filters¹
- ??

I can fix the first two, in fact I am already working on it. I am
guessing the right thing to do with patches is use Review Board?

(¹ For example, I have TB tag all my own messages 'personal' so they are
a different color in the message list. I have other such filters, but so
far they are all based on sender address. I also apply tags manually.)

I'll be looking at kmail at some point as well.

Other comments:

- I would really appreciate a 'toggle read' as in TB
- 'm' does something² to messages, but I am not sure what, and the
shortcut doesn't seem to be configurable (in fact, I made 'mark read'
use 'm' as alternate and it didn't complain of a conflict, but 'm' is
still doing some mystery action!)

(² Specifically, it puts a check mark over the message icon. I don't
know if it does anything else, and I can't figure out how to get rid of
the check mark.)

--
Matthew
"[Microsoft has] the deepest of pockets, unlimited ambition, and they