[Kde-pim] cryptography

TRINGALINVENT at libero.it TRINGALINVENT at libero.it
Tue Feb 2 16:42:21 GMT 2010

I'm Luca Tringali, an italian student, with the hobby of programming. I normally use python and Qt, but I also know C++. Some time ago I realized a function to use in C++ (and in python) the monouse block cryptography: it is a matematically safe cryptography, used also with the quantistic transmission of key. Actually this method is not very easy for sending messages (because the key is very long) but it is good for saving texts locally (on the hard disk, on a pendrive...) because the key can be saved in the KDE wallet. The method is absolutely safe if the key is changed every time someone access the file, but this can be done automatically. I realized a simple console program in C++ that saves or opens a text file, and a notepad in python (with Qt3, I've never had the time to port it to Qt4) that manage automatically keys saving them in a special database. Obiously it will be safer if the keys are saved in KDE Wallet or, better, if the entire program will be modified and its functionalities integrated in KDE, so that if someone wants to store some data in a very safe manner, he will can do it without difficulties.

If you want I can send you the code. Please write me for any question.