[Kde-pim] MessageQueueJob not copying mail to sent-mail

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Tue Feb 2 22:05:17 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Friday 29 January 2010 19:57:05 David Jarvie wrote:
> I've converted KAlarm to use MailTransport::MessageQueueJob instead of
> TransportJob.

Great :)

> It all works, except that it doesn't copy the email into
> kmail's sent-mail folder. In case it's relevant, the transport uses
> sendmail. The code is:
>
>         MessageQueueJob* mailjob = new MessageQueueJob(kapp);
>         mailjob->setMessage(message);
>         mailjob->transportAttribute().setTransportId(transport->id());
>         mailjob->addressAttribute().setFrom(from);
>         mailjob->addressAttribute().setTo(emailAddresses));
>
> mailjob->sentBehaviourAttribute().setSentBehaviour(SentBehaviourAttribute:
> :MoveToDefaultSentCollection);
>
> Is that a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

That seems to be a bug, the code looks correct. The MessageQueueJob is not
wildly used yet, so it is quite possible that something doesn't work yet. But
now KMail, KOrganizer, KAlarm and Mailody use MessageQueueJob I think, so that
will get better.

Maybe the debug output of the mail dispatcher agent helps? Also, writing an
automated test can help - there are a few tests in kdepimlibs/mailtransport
and in kdepim/runtime/agents/maildispatchter, but I think non of them tests
moving the mail to the sent mail collection at the moment.

Regards,
Thomas