[Kde-pim] Re: Do we need a Beta3?

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Fri Dec 10 15:38:09 GMT 2010

Heyho!

On Friday 10 December 2010 16.15:22 Thomas McGuire wrote:
>  [...] because nobody really is managing the work.

Perhaps this is the message that should be public?  KDEPIM does sorely need
a maintainer (team) who will officially take the blame^Wresponsibility for
what's going on and have ideas where it could be going [1].  Obviously
announcing this (and the status "there is currently no release planned until
this issue is addressed" as a consequence) is not good for publicity, but
neither is releasing a very buggy package, nor is postponing releases again
and again.

Yes, I won't step up nor get really involved with the code.  -ENOTIME and
all this, which obviously means I'm in the glasshouse.  Shoot me.

cheers
-- vbi

[1] And I'm not saying any of the developers currently involved should take
this on.  If they don't have the time/motivation/..., that's fine.  Freedom
to hack on software is also freedom not do do stuff.

--
Das Leben ist kurz, aber man hat immer Zeit für Höflichkeit.
		-- Ralph Waldo Emerson