[Kde-pim] Re: Keep computers in sync

Philippe Clérié philippe at gcal.net
Mon Dec 6 01:07:53 GMT 2010

On Sunday, 5 December 2010 16:08:06 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Obviously, the best solution for synching local folders would be a
> general synchronisation solution which does not only sync email, but
> also calendar, contacts, etc.

In theory, I agree. In practice, I'm worried.

My understanding of Akonadi is/was that it only stores metadata of its own
choosing without touching the standard way of storing the data. In other
words, I thought that a maildir was a maildir and a icalendar was still a
icalendar. If that were true, then synchronizing would not be a problem ( at
least for the way I'm doing it -- rsync, unison -- ).

Right?

--

Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>