[Kde-pim] feature request: Show unread mails on top

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Thu Apr 29 18:06:15 BST 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 29 April 2010 18:40:36 Roland Tapken wrote:
> But that's exactly what I would prefer. Keep the grouping (which is a
> really great feature!) but also seeing all unread messages in a folder at
> first glance :-).
> [..]
> I've saw that function but I don't want to miss the date grouping.

Hmm, ok. So you want to have mixed state/date grouping.
No idea so far on how to solve the jumping issue or integrate this with
threading, your best bet would be to ask Szymon for assistance, the original
author of this code, mail pragma at kvirc.net.

> > You can create virtual search folders in KMail, and add a search folder
> > for all unread mails. In KMail 1, that will be horribly slow, but it
> > should be more practical in KMail 2.
>
> Just tried this. First it looked good, but in fact it is unusable for this.
> When you opened the first unread mail it disappears from the result set
> (because it's marked as read now). The cursor jumps to the next unread
> message, and it disappears from the result set. Within one seconds a few
> tens of unread messages became marked as read :-/

Same as the jumpy behavior you described above...

Regards,
Thomas