[Kde-pim] More sending delay

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Apr 10 19:20:16 BST 2010

On Saturday 10 April 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 10 April 2010 16:00:20 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Does the delay only occur if you encrypt the message for this
> > correspondent? You can use Queue (instead of Send) to check this.
> > Don't forget to delete the test messages from the outbox.
>
> Hmm - I tried that by preparing an encrypted one to you, and the
> delay did not happen.  I know that the key he is using is fairly new
> - created last July - and it's a 4096 (bit, I presume) key.
> However, I did try one against another 4096 bit key and that didn't
> have the problem.  I'm a bit stuck as to what else to try.

Hmm. The key having 4096 bit could be the problem. On slower hardware
doing calculations with a 4096 RSA key are painfully slow. Not sure why
the other key doesn't show this problem. Do you have several keys of the
correspondent in your keyring? Did you specify the correspondent's
encryption key in his address book entry?

Regards,
Ingo