[Kde-pim] Git migration status

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Wed Apr 21 09:35:52 BST 2010

On Wed, April 21, 2010 5:57 am, Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 April 2010 00.07.51 Thomas McGuire wrote:
>> Locally, I tried deleting _all_ branches and tags, but the size is still
>> around 650MB. I think cutting of the history to a certain date for the
>> official KDE repository would be ok, as long as we also provide a "full"
>> repo for those interested in the history. Main development should IMHO
>> happen in the light repository.

I get the impression that to access git history, you have to clone the
full repository. If that's right, it would be far better to retain a
read-only svn repository to provide full history access. Older history
isn't something most people need to access except on an occasional basis,
so the necessity to download a huge repository just for this would
effectively make the history inaccessible.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.