[Kde-pim] Git migration status

Maciej Mrozowski reavertm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:50:10 BST 2010

On Wednesday 21 of April 2010 10:35:52 David Jarvie wrote:

> I get the impression that to access git history, you have to clone the
> full repository. If that's right, it would be far better to retain a
> read-only svn repository to provide full history access. Older history
> isn't something most people need to access except on an occasional basis,
> so the necessity to download a huge repository just for this would
> effectively make the history inaccessible.

Hmm, how about providing gitweb, gitorious (or cgit) to access this history?
(the former is easier to set up, runs faster and it's very very convenient).

It feels even more convenient (with text search widely supported in those
tools) than using locally cloned repo and locally installed git frontends
(which in many cases lack simple user-friendliness).

Of course one still needs active network connection.

--
regards
MM