[Kde-pim] Questions on the KDE 4 synchronisation framework

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 13:17:39 BST 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009 11:33:20 Knut Krause wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just entered your mailinglist. I want to sync my mobile phone (SyncML),
>  my Desktop (KDE 4 and so I think akonadi) and my notebook (KDE 4 and
>  MacOS). I just could not find any specific informations how I could set
>  smth like that up.
>
> Maybe one of you could introduce me into what you got planned to achieve a
> cross platform/technology sync framework and I could offer my help.
>  Otherwise I could (and would) start smth to achieve this and would like to
>  know your architecture/technology assumptions.
>
> As far as I can see we have to connect akonadi to libsyncml or smth like
>  that and provide smth to start synchronisation and set everything up.
>  Because I'm very new to all those technologies I sadly don't have a really
>  concrete view on a solution.
>
> But I'm interested in what you will suggest as a solution and what the KDE
> team already got planned  so I might could help out.

Sorry to write an answer that late, I have been on vacation for the last
month. I think Kevin already answered much of your questions and our future
plans.  If you want to help out code-wise, you could take a look of what's
currently in KDE's playground (playground/pim/syncml). The stuff there is
already useful (some people already reported successful usage to me) but still
in flux.
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com