[Kde-pim] Questions on the KDE 4 synchronisation framework

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:41:09 BST 2009

> Maybe it would have been better to release two versions. One with whatever has
> been finished by spring 2009 and one when the whole roadmap is completed.

You can download and compile what is ready now. But it is not deemed
release-quality (missing features) and therefore not released. It
simply does not support all that a release should support, see the
Roadmap page for details:
http://www.opensync.org/roadmap?show=all

>> I urge you to contact he OpenSync team and politely encourage their
>> progress. You can sign up for their mailing list here:
>
> I am pretty sure they know that everybody else is waiting for them for at
> least a  year now.

Are you not married? I _know_ that I must fix the doorjam, but without
the wife nagging me, the chore gets lost in all the other chores that
I must do. The same goes for FOSS development. Just write to the list
expressing your anticipation and appreciation of their work. Kind
words do wonders for FOSS developers :)

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com