[Kde-pim] Questions on the KDE 4 synchronisation framework

Knut Krause soa2ii at lagom.de
Thu Sep 3 10:33:20 BST 2009

Hi!

I just entered your mailinglist. I want to sync my mobile phone (SyncML), my
Desktop (KDE 4 and so I think akonadi) and my notebook (KDE 4 and MacOS). I
just could not find any specific informations how I could set smth like that
up.

Maybe one of you could introduce me into what you got planned to achieve a
cross platform/technology sync framework and I could offer my help. Otherwise
I could (and would) start smth to achieve this and would like to know your
architecture/technology assumptions.

As far as I can see we have to connect akonadi to libsyncml or smth like that
and provide smth to start synchronisation and set everything up. Because I'm
very new to all those technologies I sadly don't have a really concrete view
on a solution.

But I'm interested in what you will suggest as a solution and what the KDE
team already got planned  so I might could help out.

Greetings

Knut