[Kde-pim] Highlighting plain-text mails (linklocator)

Julien Richard-Foy julien.rf at no-log.org
Sun Sep 6 15:52:57 BST 2009

Hi !

I'm back from holidays with another patch for linklocator.cpp.
The previous patch I posted was wrong (I forgot a pair of brackets), this one
is good (I tested it).

It provides highlighting for words containing any kind of letter, including
ones with diacritic (like éàç). It provides also highlighting of several
words : *this text would be highlighted with my patch*. Last, punctuations
marks can now be included in highlighted text : *awesome!*

Todo : it's still not possible to imbricate several highlighting syntax, like
that : _*This text could be bold and underlined*_

I tested my patch without compiling kmail, I just took the linklocator.cpp
file, trimmed KDE-dependant part of the code, then modified the highlihtedText
function and tested it with a small Qt app until ok, then reverted back KDE
things trimmed at the beginning (using diff and patch). I hope everything is
alright.

Julien

PS: I've written a small file used to be a test case (written in french), I
joined it to the mail if you want to use it…