[Kde-pim] Proposal for a new pim application

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 11:39:55 BST 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 11:21:10 Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> I'm not yet quite sure if i got the concepts correctly, but as i understand
> it, i would get all mails, existing todos, events (as soon as korganizer is
> ported to akonadi), from akonadi. While for presentation of the stored data
> (filtering), and all the tagging functionality nepomuk should be used.
>
> KJots seems to be bound to the idea of folders and files, which is pretty
> exactly NOT what i want, although i heard of plans to move it as well to
> nepomuk (so i'm of course open to work together also there).
This sounds like it's a combination or similar to Basket with some elements of
KJots or KNotes in there too.

Personally, I'd rather see you improve those applications to allow your
workflow (for instance KOrganizer has loads of different workflows already)
rather than adding another PIM application that duplicates functionality.

Nice ideas though, good luck with them!

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/