[Kde-pim] Proposal for a new pim application

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Oct 21 12:19:40 BST 2009

On Wednesday, 2009-10-21, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 October 2009 12:39:55 you wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 October 2009 11:21:10 Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > > I'm not yet quite sure if i got the concepts correctly, but as i
> > > understand it, i would get all mails, existing todos, events (as soon
> > > as korganizer is ported to akonadi), from akonadi. While for
> > > presentation of the stored data (filtering), and all the tagging
> > > functionality nepomuk should be used.
> > >
> > > KJots seems to be bound to the idea of folders and files, which is
> > > pretty exactly NOT what i want, although i heard of plans to move it as
> > > well to nepomuk (so i'm of course open to work together also there).
> >
> > This sounds like it's a combination or similar to Basket with some
> > elements of KJots or KNotes in there too.

[snip]

> Basket goes into a similar direction, but looks a bit too standalone for
>  me, while the new application would add little extra features but is more
>  or less just a wrapper around existing things.

While I haven't used Basket myself, I immediately though of it since what I
heard about it sounds just way to similar.

I don't get that "bit too standalone" in your paragraph above. Isn't your idea
also to have a specialized application and integrate with others on the data
level?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring