[Kde-pim] Another junior

Frank Thieme frank at fthieme.net
Tue May 26 07:05:01 BST 2009

Hi!

I tried to solve one thing on the junior job page as well: Bug 185069: After
renaming a SMTP account, the identities are not updated

I tracked down the problem to transportmanager.cpp: emitChangesCommitted() and
slotTransportsChanged()

Because in transport.cpp usrWriteConfig() it calls

  TransportManager::self()->emitChangesCommitted();

and the StaticTransportManager is prevented to read the changed configuration
because of the

  d->myOwnChange = true;

in emitChangesCommitted()

I commented out on my source to check, and the bug is solved. But I'm not sure
about the side effects.

What is the purpose of this "prevent to read the own change"?

Bye...Frank