[Kde-pim] Another junior

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue May 26 17:20:40 BST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 08:05:01 Frank Thieme wrote:
> I tried to solve one thing on the junior job page as well: Bug 185069:
> After renaming a SMTP account, the identities are not updated
>
> I tracked down the problem to transportmanager.cpp: emitChangesCommitted()
> and slotTransportsChanged()
>
> Because in transport.cpp usrWriteConfig() it calls
>
>   TransportManager::self()->emitChangesCommitted();
>
> and the StaticTransportManager is prevented to read the changed
> configuration because of the
>
>   d->myOwnChange = true;
>
> in emitChangesCommitted()
>
> I commented out on my source to check, and the bug is solved. But I'm not
> sure about the side effects.
>
> What is the purpose of this "prevent to read the own change"?

IIRC this was added to prevent read/write loops. Looking at readConfig() I see
it can call writeConfig() under some conditions, which emits the change
signal, which then would call readConfig() again. Obviously we have to
prevent this, the current check might be overly aggressive though.

regards
Volker