[Kde-pim] akonadi,.....same as nepomuk etc.

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 12:25:53 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 10:15:03 MichaƂ Flisak wrote:
> Want to know why I am just doing now yum groupuninstall kde4  ?
>
> Its because of Aconadi, Nepomuc, and other useless things which are
> "most important pieces of KDE4"
> I think that KDE is now in dead end. This memory/processor eaters are
> completely needless for  99% of users
> and there is no way to get if off (ha!  as IE in XP). It's the point why
> KDE4 need 2x more powerful system that WinXP.
> Well, if you programmers don't know what to do, do something like
> painting, sport or maybe home winemaking.
> Will be Linux better.
Nepomuk can be disabled. Akonadi won't be started unless you run an
application that requires it. Neither have to be installed, your distribution
just decided to do so. Akonadi will be needed for all PIM users shortly and
Nepomuk has the potential to be incredibly useful.

Complain at your distribution rather than us.

We know what to do and a lot of people, myself included, are happy with the
work that is done by KDE developers and KDEPIM developers.

I'm yet again amazed by the incredibly ungrateful attitude of people who
complain about software they get by free, mostly developed by people for free.

Feel free to uninstall KDE. You will miss our functionality, we won't miss
your insults.

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/