[Kde-pim] KDE-PIM bug day?

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Tue Jan 27 19:51:50 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 15:51:41 Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I will be honest here: I will soon be jumping ship if KDE-PIM doesn't
> get it together soon. That's not a threat, it is the way a long time
> and until recently loyal user feels as he watches the application to
> which he entrusts all his data to slowly bitrot. I don't _want_ to
> start checking other PIM solutions, but if Kontact does not get some
> serious bug fixing done before KDE 4.3 then I will certainly have to.

In the process of porting KDE-PIM application to Akonadi, you can expect major
changes to the codebase. Lots of code will be replaced (so will old bugs be
replaced by new bugs ;) ).
Whether or not that improves things for you in the short term, it certainly
will medium-term, improving the storage layer of applications, especially
those handling lots of data, such as KMail.

Frank