[Kde-pim] KDE-PIM bug day?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Jan 27 19:24:29 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 9:51:41 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2009/1/27 Michael Leupold <lemma at confuego.org>:
> > On Monday 26 January 2009 23:15:22 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >> Recently on the Bugsquad list it was suggested that a KDE-PIM Bug Day
> >> be held. Are the KDE-PIM developers interested in having this happen?
> >
> > Short note from bugsquad:
> > AFAIK we still haven't managed to triage all of KMail - I certainly hope one
> > day we will :-)
> >

> KDE-PIM is more than just Kmail. Korganizer has so many bugs with
> moving events that I am scared to move recurring events for fear of
> the mess that I will have to clean up. There are at least four open
> bugs on it, for various problems. There are also a ton of other bugs
> in Korganizer and Kaddressbook, many of them crashers. Not to mention
> the tens of feature requests.
>
> I will be honest here: I will soon be jumping ship if KDE-PIM doesn't
> get it together soon. That's not a threat, it is the way a long time
> and until recently loyal user feels as he watches the application to
> which he entrusts all his data to slowly bitrot. I don't _want_ to
> start checking other PIM solutions, but if Kontact does not get some
> serious bug fixing done before KDE 4.3 then I will certainly have to.
>
> Please, guys, put some effort into all of KDE-PIM, not just Kmail. I
> really do appreciate all of the work that you've done until now, but I
> feel as if I've become dependent on the software and abandoned.

Dotan,

We have a couple people now working on KOrganizer.
But this only happened in the past couple weeks.
A bunch of bugs and new features have been closed recently.

Sorry if we can't meet your expectations.
New developers, doc writers, artists, bugsquad folks are always welcome.

Please let me know about really bad bugs in 4.2.0 and I will put them at the
top of the fixit list.

-Allen