[Kde-pim] Google Summer of Code 2009

Robert Ã…kerblom-Andersson robert.nr1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:14:09 GMT 2009

Hello kde-pim mailing list!

My name is Robert (http://forum.kde.org, Scorpiion) I have been interested
of Google Summer of Code for about 1 to 2 years and deiced to apply for it
this year. The organization I would like to apply for is KDE.

I made a post on the kde.org forum a while ago and the people their told me
to post on this list. Here you can read the tread
http://forum.kde.org/google-summer-of-code-2009-t-32166.html

My idea for the project was from the beginning to make a new app for
training, an app where you could write down trainingdiary and such. You
should be able to make up an traing plan for yourself or let the program
make a traning plan for you after filling in some preferences. I have many
ideas around this program but I think you got the idea, a secund thought
that I got after starting to use Korganizer a lot more to see all it's
functionality I started to wonder if it would be a better idea to lite add
this functionality to Korganizer or maybe make a new program with Korganizer
as a base and modify it and add the new functions. I'm not sure if it is a
good or a bad idea to integrate it or not, since it's a that big and some
people might not like it? I was just thinking that it could be to much
setting and buttons but at the same time I guess you could always change
that in the preferences if you dont like it.

What do you guys think of my idea? Is it realistic?

In the end I guess I can tell a little more about my self as an athlete. I
compete in elite level in cross country skiing in the winter and a run on
track durning the summers. Since I am traing as much as I do planing the
traing is very important to get all the traing done. Before when I was going
at the "skid-gymnasium" in Sweden (in sweden you go the classes 1-9 after
that 3 years of "gymnasium" and after that it is University or working, I'm
at the University now, my gymnasium was especially for crosscountryskiiers)
we had a program for training planing and diary. It was not the best app and
it was runned in exel, and dont know if you should call it an app or macro
or what ever but you know what I mean. The bad thing with it was first it's
not a "real" program I think, secund it costs money, third it is not
optimized for open office and its not work out the box there. So becouse of
this I would like to make this new app or functionality, and as a said I
would not only have the planing/diary part. I think maybe the "training
wizard" would be really for people that would like to start training, and
also for my self after doing some setting that program can make a planing
for me including maybe "60% distans training, 30% intervalls, 10% Weight
Training, in my personal setting I maybe have the setting that distans
traing should be 1:30-2:30 hours intervalls 1:15 and maybe the distans
training should be 60% running and 40% rollerskiing".

Yeah as you see I have many idea about the project, hope you like it!

--
Regards, Robert Ã…kerblom-Andersson