[Kde-pim] How can i help here?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Feb 17 10:51:45 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 2:00:15 am Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> techbase.kde.org has tutorials like
>
> Setting up a KDE development environment
>     Learn how to get, build and run KDE.
>
> Developing with KDE
>     Tutorials | API Documentation | FAQs and more.
>
> Join the KDE Team and Contribute
>
> You can read and improve these tutorials, it is a wiki.
> Join us on irc.kde.org, channel #kde for user questions and #kde-devel for
> development questions.
>
> Read bugs.kde.org. Bugs marked as JJ (junior job) can be fixed by beginners.
>
> All KDE sourcecode can be browsed online: websvn.kde.org
> All the other information can be found on techbase.kde.org.
>
> best wishes
>
> Thorsten
>
> On Monday 16 February 2009 22:22:29 Didier Fleury wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > First of all I would like to thank you all for the amazing job you are
> > doing for giving us an alternative to Windows (which I definitly kick out
> > from my laptop and there will be no turning back :D) and providing us open
> > source apps and tools.
> >
> > Am also very impress by the work which has been done to bring the Akonadi
> > framework forward. There are a lot of iteresting concepts in this framework
> > and the tools around are very interesting.
> >
> > As a computer student I never really had time to give a hand but now that I
> > am done with the studies I really want to help. I don't expect somebody to
> > take me by the hand and tell me what to do but what I need is a starting
> > point (am not talking about getting started, setting environment, building
> > kde etc.. this is already done) to avoid getting disperse and frustrated
> > because there is too many things.
> >
> >  I would like to understand how things works so I can help. Any comments,
> > ideas, suggestions are welcome.

Didier,

We have a never-ending list of things to do.  Thorsten's tips above are a very good place to start.
You might want to hang-out on IRC in #kontact or #akonadi too.

KMail is really in need of help at the moment.

Don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions, which is easiest to do on #kontact.

-Allen, KDEPIM Module Coordinator