[Kde-pim] Akonadi disaster

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Dec 29 20:17:10 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 29 December 2009 19:35:54 Frank Thieme wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 December 2009 20:14:01 Anne Wilson wrote:
> >  I tried to sort it out.  After watching screens of output I came to the
> >  conclusion that Akonadi was searching for a folder called Local, under,
> >  IIRC, /home/anne/.local/share/.  The folder didn't exist, of course.  I
> >  pointed it to /home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox, and, after
> >  several seconds of 'thinking about it' Kontact started up.  At that
> > point I though I was on a winner :-)
>
> I wonder if that is somehow connected with this message in my
>  .xsession-errors
>
> kontact(4819)/kmail KMKernel::getFolder: Folder not found: "/Local"

Sounds likely :-)  My Akonadi wasn't running under 4.3.4, so I've no reason to
know whether it existed there.  I had looked at Akonadi configuration earlier,
and know that the addressbook and diary resources were configured, but that's
all I can see with confidence.

> I still use 4.3.4 and this message is there for some months now. Looking in
> the net I see that I'm not the only one. But till now I took it as
>  something cosmetical...

My problem was with KMail.  A KUbuntu user reported a problem with KOrganizer,
quoting

~$ korganizer
<unknown program name>(3157)/: Communication problem with  "korganizer" , it
probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

That sounded almost the same as I had seen from KMail.  You can see our
conversation at
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=84757&p=142316#p142316

Anne
--