[Kde-pim] [kde-promo] Fwd: Anmeldung OpenExpo 2010 und Ankündigung Open Source Forum 2010

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Sat Dec 19 18:52:39 GMT 2009

2009/12/19 Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet at gmail.com>:
> On Saturday 19 December 2009 09:09:26 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>> Thanks a lot for your help. How about joining the party? The event is
>> really nice, catering is free and really yummy and Bern is a beautiful
>> town!
>
> Well, it seems very german-oriented and I don't speak german (can read it,
> hear what ppl are saying if they speak slowly but that's it).

Don't worry, the Germans in Switzerland have the same problem :) They
all come to this country thinking the Swiss speak German...  we do
write in German since the dialects don't have any officially written
version, but with 26 cantons you can bet there are almost as many
different dialects, together with French, Italian and Romantsch (the
latter having a written language nobody speaks, but they talk in at
least 5 different dialects).

So no worries, even when spoken slowly I bet you would understand as
much from the Swiss German dialects than the average German does*,
which is close to nothing if you are new to this country :) German is
great, but speaking English is fine as well, so is French, which is
understood and spoken quite well, especially in Bern which is in the
Western part and a bilingual canton. Think again, I seem to remember
that Ade didn't use much German last time in Winterthur either.

Regards, Myriam

*except of course those from the southern, Alemanic speaking regions
who understand us
http://www.fsfe.org