[Kde-pim] Proposal for a new pim application

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Dec 10 09:37:24 GMT 2009

Am Donnerstag 22 Oktober 2009 schrieb Laura Dragan:
> This is how semnotes displays notes - as a list organized by last
> modification date (can be changed to creation date or sorted by title
> ..)
> They are stored in the Nepomuk repository. This is done mainly because
> of convenience - all the things that the notes link to are there, so
> it's easy. Also, as I see notes, they are normaly short pieces of text
> without much formatting used just to write something down quickly and
> not write volumes .. therefore the size of the nepomuk store should
> not be gravely affected.

It can grow, I believe. Although its still just text + meta information.

I have approximately 2000 notes in my basket:

martin at shambhala:~/.kde/share/apps/basket> find baskets -type f | wc -l
1999

Some containing larger snippets from webpages, e-mails and whatnot - which
with Akonadi could be linked together instead of copying them.

Actually I probably also would like to put at least references to images,
urls and stuff in there. But references to files should stay valid as I
move around files on the harddisk.