[Kde-pim] [RFC] Contact specific Akonadi API

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Sun Aug 9 07:48:03 BST 2009

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 03:51:34PM +0200, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 2009-08-07, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hej,

> Unless we really want to do GUI inside jobs, I am not sure special subclass
> jobs are really worth the effort.
Yes, I want user interaction inside the jobs to make them as easy to use as
possible. Settings up a collection selection dialog is a boring work that could
be encapsulated by the job.

> I am more inclined towards an approach similar to KIO, where a high level API
> creates low level jobs behind the scenes, e.g. similar to
>
> KJob *job = KIO::copy( source, destination );
>
> we could have
>
> Akonadi::Job *job = KABC::createContact( addressee, addressbook );
> or maybe more specific
> Akonadi::ItemCreateJob* job ...
But that would imply that inside the slot the user has to do the conversion
of the results (item -> addressee object) manually again. That's what I want to
avoid.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!