[Kde-pim] [RFC] Contact specific Akonadi API

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Sun Aug 9 07:50:24 BST 2009

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 12:07:56AM +0200, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Friday 07 August 2009, Thomas McGuire wrote:
Hej Martin,

> - getting the "default" addressbook - if something like this exists.
>   This is useful when a synchronization software wants to add contacts and does not know about
>   different addressbooks.
Hmm, we had something like a default resource in KDE3, however no user ever figured out itself
what this 'default' was for and why it had to be set. For this reason I'd suggest to let each client
application (e.g. synchronization software) let the user choose which address book shall be used
for writing instead of providing a global flag.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!