[Kde-pim] RFC: Creating kdepimlibs-experimental

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:27:22 BST 2009

Hi,

I had a quick look into akonadi_next to see what is still in there and what
should be moved out at this point.

Right now, the only parts that are used are the entitytreeview and the
favourite collection view. The entitytreeview is still there because it has
some strange hacks in there for dragging things, which I think are not
necessary anymore. Kevin Ervin wrote favouritecollectionview, and I think I
remember him saying that it borrows a lot from ETV, and there should be some
sharing there. After looking at it, it has the same drag+drop hacks. I'll
try to assess it later this week and take out the hacks, or leave them in if
I can figure out why they're there, and also figure out if I can refactor a
bit so the code can be shared.

I also thought about removing akonadi_next after that, but I'd like to keep
it around as a staging area for akonadi stuff. I think it's been pretty
useful for that so far.

So why is akonadi_next in the kdepim-runtime tarball? Wouldn't it make more
sense to have it in the kdepim tarball?

All the best,

Steve.