[Kde-pim] Palm T5 synch fail

David L. MacQuarrie dmacquarrie at firstassess.net
Thu Aug 6 15:09:42 BST 2009

I think I might have an unusual situation that prevents my palm from syncing
with KDE-PIM and I need assistance.
First,  I am running Jaunty and I have a palm t5.  I installed the development
version of jaunty just before release due to hardware resolution problems.  My
home partition is separate from my operating systems partition.  I tried to
sync at that time, but there appeared to be an issue with Akonadi as Kpilot
indicated no resources.  A few months later I was able to access  Akonadi
resources and select a calendar etc.  However, every attempt to sync fails
after the connection is made.  The palm times out, Kpilot keeps trying,
conduits don't seem to work, and the process fails.
I have tried many time to reconfigure the conduits, but nothing seems to work.
I had the KDE-PIM working in Intrepid after several months, but I can't seem
to get anywhere even if I set the handheld to overide the desktop.  I really
do need this application to work and I don't like Evolution (won't work with
my secure server anyway).  I think the issue may be due to my first sync when
Akonadi wasn't working correctly.  Please assist me ASAP so I don't need to
flip to MS (dirty word -sorry) so often.

Thank you,

David MacQuarrie
--
David L. MacQuarrie, Ph.D.