[Kde-pim] kdepim support for google calendar and contacts

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Mon Apr 20 13:31:41 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Adenilson Cavalcanti
<savagobr at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> The code moved from playground to kdereview implements an akonadi resource
> for both google calendar and contacts using google data protocol 2.0.
>
> It is a long pending feature request (bugs 125952 and some other related
> bugs) which can benefit KDE users, bringing it closer to available
> functionality of other desktops.
>
> What works:
> - contacts: retrieve/add/edit/delete/query-by-updates (sync)
> - calendar: retrieve/add/delete/query-by-updates (sync)
> - user account is stored in KWallet
> - network proxy (defined on desktop preferences)
>
> Some video demos:
> http://blip.tv/file/1972911/ and http://blip.tv/file/1972974/

Really nice work, Adenilson! I'm excited about this! =;)

> What is missing:
> - support for hosted accounts
> - support recurrent events

Being that I use a hosted account (Google apps for your domain), I'm
interested in  the first one very much. And being that the second one is an
absolute necessity, I'm interested in that one too. =:)

Can you elaborate on these points? Are they missing because they're not
possible to achieve, or because there's a few simple things that need to be
changed to get them to work, or because there are things that need to change
outside of your code, etc.?

Thanks very much for doing this work! I'm sure this is going to be a major
draw for folks to try out and use KDE PIM! =:)

-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-
-[ bash fun -> :(){ :|:&};:  //  Numbers 6:22-26 ]-