[Kde-pim] kdepim support for google calendar and contacts

Adenilson Cavalcanti savagobr at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 12:42:20 BST 2009

Dear Dotan Cohen

How are you doing?
:-)

> Thanks, Adenilson. I cannot watch the videos at the moment,
> so I'll
> ask. Where is the "master copy" of the contacts /
> events stored? I use
> Korganizer / Kaddressbook extensively and I would like to
> be able to
> read it's data over the 'net via google, however, I
> would like to know
> that the changes and updates to the data are made locally
> (withing
> Kontact) and then propagated out to Google.

Yes, they are. When an akonadi client UI (e.g. kontact using proxy plugin) do an operation (being add/edit/delete), it will be passed to akonadi server and then passed to the googledata resource.

It will then do the aforementioned operation with google server. Not only that, but if anything changes on google server, next time when akonadi server starts, the resources will query by changes from google server and replicate the changes locally (keeping the data in sync).

The videos show the whole process in a more 'graphical' way.

Best regards

Adenilson