[Kde-pim] where are email tags stored in Kmail 1.11.2?

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Mon Apr 27 21:40:51 BST 2009

Hi,

On Monday 27 April 2009 08:43:54 bilbo baggins wrote:
> I'm running Kmail 1.11.2 on KDE 4.2.2 (Kubuntu Jaunty) and want to port my
> tagged email from Thunderbird (so that messages are tagged as they were in
> Thunderbird).  Thunderbird uses a custom header to store the tags in each
> message, but when I tag an email in Kmail I don't know where that
> information is being recorded.  It's not a custom header in the email
> itself, I've discovered that much.
>
> I've done some searching and I think that tags might be getting stored by
> nepomuk?  But when I view the email file in Dolphin no tags show up in the
> Information panel.  Maybe tags are stored in the .index files?

Yes, KMail stores the tags in the .index files. I think the tag name or some
sort of tag number is stored there.
The tag definitions themselves are stored in the KMail config file.

There is also some syncing code that syncs the tag definition with Nepomuk,
but I doubt that actually works.

Regards,
Thomas