[Kde-pim] where are email tags stored in Kmail 1.11.2?

bilbo baggins baggins613 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 07:43:54 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm running Kmail 1.11.2 on KDE 4.2.2 (Kubuntu Jaunty) and want to port my
tagged email from Thunderbird (so that messages are tagged as they were in
Thunderbird).  Thunderbird uses a custom header to store the tags in each
message, but when I tag an email in Kmail I don't know where that
information is being recorded.  It's not a custom header in the email
itself, I've discovered that much.

I've done some searching and I think that tags might be getting stored by
nepomuk?  But when I view the email file in Dolphin no tags show up in the
Information panel.  Maybe tags are stored in the .index files?

thanks,
joe