[Kde-pim] akonadi and the mysql dependency

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Sep 6 14:07:10 BST 2008

On Saturday 06 September 2008, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Saturday 06 September 2008 03:26:32 pm Robert Taylor wrote:

> > Please note: I am not trying to start a flame war - I would like to leave
> > it at just saying that we all have differing opinions on rdbms, they will
> > never converge and divergent requirements will always be the norm.
> >From the start of this email, you don't seem very objective about this,
>
> especially given the apparent lack of understanding of what mysql is being
> used for here.

I think this was uncalled for.

Even people quite involved with the project are often not clear enough about
all internal details and actually should not have to if they are working on a
different level of the stack.

IMHO it is great that Robert as somebody not involved at all understand that
we might need a rdbms for something and is just quering whether there are any
technical reasons to choose a specific one.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring